- Inclusion in voting and nominations for annual wrestling media awards.
- Access to an updated directory of college sports information directors from all divisions.
- Ability to post your feature stories to the NWMA Website and College Wrestling Network.
- Tips on photography, writing and working with national and local media.
- Increased presence nationally throughout the wrestling media.
- Complete how to’s and tips for SID’s new to wrestling.
- Members only discussion area of NWMA website to discuss topics relevant to media professionals.
- Quick access to national rankings and results.
- Annual media social at NCAA Division I Championships.
For SID’s: We’re here to make your job easier. Many times, you find yourself at a school covering a sport you’ve not previously had exposure to. Wrestling is typically one of those sports. We have provided sections that will help your press releases, match coverages, and feature stories much easier to develop because we explain terminology and rules that your wrestling public will understand and help you avoid an angry e-mail from your wrestling coach, alumni or fan. We know you have a thankless job, we’re here to say thank you.
For college reporters, freelance writers and photographers: Do you have a story you wrote that you want to get out to the masses, but don’t know who to contact? Are you a young writer who wrote a feature for your college newspaper on a wrestler and you want to get eyes on it? Joining the NWMA can give you that web presence for your story (or give you another place to post it). We’ll be developing a freelance network of writers, photographers and broadcasters to help the media and sports information offices identify who can help cover events.
Been in the game a while? The NWMA provides a professional network that is beneficial to the sport of wrestling. Reputation can be everything. Need someone to validate you’re covering an event or do you just want to vote and get your voice heard?
Members of the National Wrestling Media Association have years of experience in print and web journalism, blogging, video production and editing, credential requests, graphics, photography and many of our members have been associated with larger media membership organizations like CoSIDA and the National Sportsbroadcasters and Sportswriters Association.
Got questions? We’re here to help!